The 3rd Convergence Symposium: Where The Arts Meets Social Action
Time & Location
About The Event
Our purpose in organizing this symposium is to create a space for exploration of possibilities for using the arts for social action. We define social action as being an action that leads to any of the following: healing, education, community building, and/or community action. The spirit of this undertaking is one of exploration, collaboration, encouragement, urgency in action with the underlying principle being love.
The Convergence Symposium is in honor of Moya Moye
Moya was murdered in New Orleans in February 2018. A Baha'i, a leader in the Black Lives Matters movement, an artist and a mentor to many children and youth, his death broke the hearts of countless people. This gathering in his memory is meant to lift the hearts of those who knew him, lead to action in our communities, provide a space for collaboration and create a unified community of world changers.
- Please visit the Symposium page for schedule, locations, and workshop descriptions.
- SPACE IS LIMITED to 35 people in person. REGISTER EARLY!
- This event is open to anyone who is interested in or who is already using the arts and social action to educate, heal, and/or create spaces for unified positive action.
For out of town attendees we will be blocking rooms at an area hotel for your convenience. You are welcome to set up your own accommodations but we will be announcing soon a local hotel that we will partner with for this event.
- Option 1: $750$750$7500$0
- Option 2: $550$550$5500$0
- Option 3: $350$350$3500$0
- Option 4: $150$150$150